Senior Frontend Developer
We are looking for a senior frontend developer to lead new product areas and mentor junior developers.
Quickbit is a Swedish fintech company that was founded in 2016 with the goal that more people and companies should use cryptocurrencies in their everyday lives. We have our history in payments and we are driven by the fact that it should be easy and cheap to make fast and secure payments. We already have a profitable e-commerce product, and we’re now launching an app and a card for people to easily use cryptocurrency in their everyday lives. And we’re always working on our platform that will enable more cryptocurrency products, for example, a product for merchants.
As a frontend developer at Quickbit, you will be joining a growing cross-functional team that is working on Quickbit.com, the public face of the company, setting up a CMS to share content between all our services, and improving our e-commerce product. Soon we’ll begin work on a product for merchants and more internal tools. We hope you would be a good fit in one of these areas.
What you will do
- Take leadership of the frontend in one of our product areas.
- Help mentor junior developers.
- Help shape our frontend culture.
- Collaborate closely with our engineers, designers, and product owners.
- Pair, mob, and solo program as it fits you and those you work with.
Who you are
- You are excited about high quality and great experiences.
- You want to work with people, code, design, processes, and whatever else you can help with.
- You want to be part of a fun and diverse team that challenges you and be part of creating that team.
- You are comfortable working with both order and disorder, and you tend to leave things nicer than you found them.
You should have
- The ability to lead and teach people.
- Good understanding of most of these technologies, or the ability to learn them quite fast:
- Jest with testing-library-react
- A deep understanding of CSS, and you can use that knowledge to create a maintainable code base and coach junior developers in doing so as well.
- You can explain technical things to non-technical people.
You might also have
- Experience with cross-project code sharing, like monorepos, publishing modules, and style guides.
- Experience with agile leadership, like being a scrum master.
- Experience with analytics and conversion optimization.
At Quickbit we are strong believers in cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology. Our mission is to build innovative products for individuals and merchants, enabling the use of crypto like any other fiat currency.We are a creative and passionate team of developers and business people, with a shared mission of putting the user experience first and foremost. With innovation in mind, we are challenging the crypto world to build more easy-to-use products that make sense in the life of users. Quickbit makes crypto enjoyable and simple, so that anyone can have their first set of crypto wallets or top up existing ones. We support cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. We continuously aim to improve current and future solutions for both individuals and merchants. Including them in an integral part of our vision, where products ultimately enables accepting crypto as a mean of payments at the check-out. Giving our products a true end-to-end experience.
We offer you
You will work in our head quarter office in central Stockholm. Quickbit is a creative workplace where collaboration is at the very heart of everything we do. We promote you to continuously challenge yourself, creating an environment where contribution and growth is disciplined in everything we do. You will be an important part of the team and work closely with other experts in your surroundings. You will learn a lot about crypto and the blockchain technology.
This opening is available at location in Stockholm, Sweden.Apply Now